Community Child Care Coordinating Council (4Cs) of Alameda County is a nonprofit organization serving families and child care providers in Alameda County. 4Cs of Alameda County exists to develop and coordinate resources for families and children.
The Agency Receptionist will function as the initial contact person for clients, guests and staff for the agency located at the administrative office in Hayward. This position performs a variety of clerical, recordkeeping, and customer service tasks to assist with a smooth operation of the agency. This position reports directly to the Supervisor, Office Administration. This is a non-exempt position.
Benefits: 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, medical, dental, vision, Aflac, 401k matching & more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage courteously and professionally with clients & visitors in reception area, maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly lobby; and monitoring public areas for safety.
- Responsible for answering/screening and transferring telephone calls to appropriate staff members, operating voicemail system, responding to emails, and answering questions about basic program information.
- Receives, records, and distributes packages and mail.
- Responsible for date stamping incoming mail and drop box items, metering outgoing mail and delivery to US Postal Service mailbox. Route drop box items as well as interoffice mail to the appropriate staff members.
- Responsible for accepting and date stamping client documents
- Responsible for giving out appropriate program forms to clients coming into the office and maintaining sign in sheets and client form request lists, and printing forms, packets, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the reception and client meeting room area by:
a. Keeping publication racks filled
b. Keeping reception area neat and organized
c. Clean children’s toys and tables weekly and
d. Refill free children’s book rack
- Responsible for ordering supplies for the Hayward office including ordering, maintaining, and purchasing all office and breakroom supplies.
- Responsible for preparing checks for deposit and recording in check log
- Responsible for processing check requests (invoices) for administration department invoices.
- Responsible for dispensing and reconciling petty cash for the Hayward office.
- Copies, collate, and otherwise prepares reports for mailings, petty cash, and other correspondence.
- Performs data entry and filing tasks for the leadership team as needed
- Responsible for giving light clerical support to departments.
- Assist with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) client packets & appointments
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years administrative experience & A.A. or A. S. Degree preferred
- Bilingual – Spanish (speaking/written)
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Preferred ability to type 50 words per minute
- Ability to proofread
- Basic understanding of office equipment and experience with multi-line phone systems
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Transportation required
To apply, To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
4Cs of Alameda County
22351 City Center Drive
Hayward, CA 94541