- This event has passed.
Learning Math Through Play
November 10, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In this workshop we will explore math learning in the early years, build math into the daily routine, and use unusual materials for math activities. Through hands-on experience, small group reflection, and group activities, we will focus on how educators facilitate math learning for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers!
Together we will:
- Learn about children’s mathematical development from infancy through the preschool years, especially classification
- Create classification play opportunities and provocations
- Use unusual materials for math explorations
- Explore math opportunities in everyday play and routines
- Develop ideas for deepening children’s math thinking
Registration ends November 9, 2022